Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Addicted

Mmm... Clothes by the kilo. My favourite kind of clothes. I found Garage, on Ahornstraße, to be the best for Berliner vintage. The clothes were relatively inexpensive (if you stuck to the by-the-kilo bit) and if you spent enough time in there, you could be sure to find a few bits and bobs to delight and satisfy your craving. Because everyone has clothes cravings, right? Or is it just me? Like, don't tell my therapist or anything but when I don't go charity shopping for more than two or three days I start to go a bit mad. Okay, not a bit mad, kind of totally crazy, agitated, bored. Go on Tuesdays when it's happy hour (for two hours from 11am) when you only pay €10 per kilo.


I contentedly bounced around the city the next day, dressed up in a well loved fraction of my finds.

Shirt and leggings, both paid by the kilo from Garage.
Patent shoes: From Mauerpark Flohmarkt, a bustling market in Prenzlauer Berg.
Sunnies and bag, both from Eastbourne Charity shops. The sunnies only set me back 50p. Good thing too, considering how many times I have dropped them in the past month.

7 comments:

jayne said...

you look so chic with the bike

Miriam said...

wow so much shoes!! i wourld go nuts in there

Isabel said...

I'd pretty much kill to find one of those pay by the kilo places. Looks like you snagged some sweet finds!

a shyness that is criminally vulgar said...

you SHOULD totally come to Poland. here we have places where you pay-by-the-kilo and the price is around 1-4 euro, meaning 4 euro for new delivery and the items are very hip :)

Elaine said...

Oh WOW!!! I would LOVELOVELOVE to shop there! The thrift stores near my apartment have NOTHING. It's so disappointing!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

sophie la-la-la x said...

wow wow wow!
I need to shop there!
clothes by the kilo is such a good idea - so unique and probably cheaper the lighter the clothes are!

www.beautiful-rampage.blogspot.com

sophie :)

andrea said...

I'm so jealous of the by-the-kilo thrift shopping!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails