Monday, June 29, 2009

A Very Merry Unbirthday To You

We ate, we drunk and we got all merry Alice in Wonderland style on Saturday when we went down to the local park for a picnic. I think it's safe to say it was a happy unbirthday for all involved. Yes, I know what you're thinking: Isn't having an unbirthday a tad self indulgent? Perhaps. But when it involves a super duper picnic party (or anything involving rhyme AND alliteration) who really cares?

So, not everyone came (who doesn't come to their OWN unbirthday? Silly billies.) And I, as is the case regularly these days, camoflaged with my surroundings so to be honest I can't even be sure if I was there. But I did, to make up for the absences, make a couscous salad and fairy bread. The latter, apparently, not a normality over this side of the globe. Basically, it's white bread made yum with the help of hundreds and thousands (and fairies of course). The sun shone and I drunk like, three bottles of Diet Coke. Do I have an addiction? Well, it's not really my place to say, is it? But try calling an intervention and I'll tie myself to a tree/go on a hunger strike/all of the above.

Shirt: Boyfriend's (originally from a charity shop in Sydney)
Denim shorts: I hacked the legs off an old pair of the boyfriend's jeans
Neck tie: Lace from C&H Fabrics
Sunnies: From an Eastbourne charity shop for 50pence

There were chips, dips, ice cream and a kite machine. Needless to say, our tummy boxes got well full.

11 comments:

Wanderlusting said...

LOVE how you match the picnic blanket :P

x0x0 Lusty

www.ontheblogbandwagon.blogspot.com

Dannie said...

i loooove your shift, perfect for the season
and your writing is sooo cute- fairy bread/tummy boxes- youre dangerously adorable

Anonymous said...

I have a diet soda addiction, so don't feel bad haha

looks like a lot of fun!

Trish Hunter said...

Hii!
Oh putting the nav up the top wasn't as hard as I had originally thought.
I spent forevvver cruising google looking for codes and such and then finally found this site...
http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/08/horizontal-menu-navigation-bar.html
Which was like a blessing I swear!
it has everything and it's explained well.
Goodluck :)

Hannah said...

Ha, I need to start celebrating my unbirthday!

Isabel said...

Hey, any excuse for a picnic!!

boubou said...

bonjour !
First time i come across your blog so im gonna visit it now :)
well ifyou wanna see my collages inspiration, check out mine, if you have some time ...
a bientot :)
Bouboueatime xx

Anonymous said...

thankyou!
ahhh great pics!
hmm i haven't had fairy bread in the longest time. and the idea of an unbirthday is super sweet
xxxxxxxxxx

Stéphanie said...

Nice pictures !

Zhcsyra hp said...

wowh picnic alwys hve fun wth fmily :)

Owl and the Grapes said...

Thank you folks. Zhcsyra, thankfully, there was no family involved actually. P.S. I forgot to say, happy unbirthday ladies x

Related Posts with Thumbnails