Monday, June 1, 2009

Bugs and Flowers

As per Nina's request, I took some more photos of my new little picture maker. Since my last post, I've looked a little more into getting film for it but as far as I can gather it only takes this kind. No longer in production, and quite expensive to get developed, getting film might be more trouble than it's worth. Oh well, I predicted as much when I handed over 50pence for it at the charity shop. I think the camera is quite content sitting on my drawers and playing in amongst the ladybugs and flowers for now.


On a similar note (camera, photography, models, hair modelling, hair cutting. You see my train of thought?), I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow afternoon at Mahogany in London. I'm thinking a colour change might be in order. Any suggestions? I'm thinking green. If only so I can camouflage in the lush grass. I may or may not be wearing monochrome green right now for that exact reason.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Green? Please no....

Owl and the Grapes said...

Oh but I'll look like an elf and I thought you liked elves? Or perhaps I'll go for blue. Then I can be a smurf. Why, hello there, Miss Smurf. Yes?

ToKataifi said...

huhu..thanks for the "answer"...

love your camera..so retro..

do u collect cameras?

(it's a pity you can't find the right film..i was wondering how the pics were going to look like)

Dannie said...

ur hair color is amazing as is, red heads are great, dont change!

terra said...

oooh what a lovely camera
stupid evolution, it'd be cool if you could've found some film
i like your hair color as it is now too, but any other color of the rainbow is nice to me as well :-)
blue would be pretty rad.. hmm..

Teabagstains said...

green.. just like in ghost world..i'm so glad you featured it on here a while ago. best movie. i love seymour
lovely cameraa too..but keep your locks red!

Anonymous said...

love your blog, such a cool camera too. would you like to trade links?

Owl and the Grapes said...

If you can call four cameras a collection, Nina, then yes, I do collect cameras. Thanks Dannie, Terra and Teabagstains, I decided to go with your advice. You'll be pleased to know I'm still red, an even (i.e. no more roots!), shiny, much lovelier red now.

lizzle said...

http://tinyurl.com/mnwjtp - film for your camera =)
ebay is a good place to look for film that's hard to find. Good luck!

Owl and the Grapes said...

Oh fantastic, thank you Lizzle!

lizzle said...

Me again >.<
saw this and remembered your blog: http://www.fourcornerstore.com/collections/frontpage/products/110-film-12-exposure

Anonymous said...

I have another model of instamatic camera and I've heard through the rumor mill that if you take apart the cartridge that it takes you can shove 35mm film into it. I still have to find a 126 cartridge to use though. I've seen them before inside of cameras in thrift world but since I've acquired my camera I haven't seen any.

Related Posts with Thumbnails