Friday, September 26, 2008

Being bad feels pretty good.

Despite the sheer restraint it took not to name the post Being badde feels pretty good, it seems my willpower can't help when it comes to the first sentence. Perhaps I should explain the awful pun. We wandered off to Badde Manors in Glebe the other night for some food and liquor (sans liquor). Although I've had lunch there a fair few times, and excuse my ignorance here (I should know, as the cafe's been around longer than me), I never realised you could dine for dinner in the grungy cafe.


The food was lovely, I had crumbed eggplant steak on a bed of creamy potato and he had some sort of penne pasta. The service was incredibly fast (and after watching Gordon Ramsay that night I was convinced the plates had had three minutes in the microwave) and the food well priced. Also, it is discreetly, though strictly, vegetarian. Which suits me well. Unlike my cat, who, despite my previous thoughts is not vegetarian at all; she was found sneakily snuggling a bird carcass this morning. They also have a fair selection of vegan food. That said however, it's definitely not a cafe only for vegetarians, or especially famous for being as much. My lovely meat-loving friend and her boyfriend were going there for months before, one hungover morning, they discovered there was no bacon and eggs on the menu "But we're vegetarian" said the dreadlocked man with a look of annoyance. Oh and you can smoke in the courtyard (if that's the kind of thing that you think you might be into). And it's open till quite late (at least midnight most evenings). The only disappointment was that we failed to get lewd with the food, but it was pretty good night nonetheless.

Red belt as headband: From mother's to-be-thrown-out pile
Scarf: Birthday gift from the cool as chips neighbour
Cropped black top: Also stolen from that fateful pile
Purple top: Again, also from the pile (a rather good pile in hindsight)
Purple dress underneath: St Vincent de Paul
Bag: Found in an attic, in a box said to be mine.
Blue stockings: Thrifted
Shoes: Cream on crown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How 'bout you and two dudes?
Him, you, and Stu in the nude
Bein' lewd with two dudes with food
Well that's if Stu's into it too

Related Posts with Thumbnails