Friday, September 19, 2008

Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me.

I also dreamt that the world was flat and I turned one year older. We woke up and hid under the bed sheets. Eggs and beans and black pepper bread. He wore suspenders and black rimmed glasses. We listened to Mingecock and Norks and I drank coffee inscribed with a message of wishes. We bought picture hooks from an old man in a cramped hardware store. I lit my tobacco with a zippo. Found shoes in a city of vintage and wore gloves from an 80s party long gone. Together we lay down shoelessly watched a movie in a cinema of pillows. Walked into a pole that told me not to stop. Licked salt and sucked on lemons. We came home to a lovingly baked strawberry sprinkled cake.


What oh.

Dress: thrifted
Scarf (as head band): Hibernian markets in Surry Hills
Brooch (on head band): Grandfather's gift from Venice
Gloves: Gift from wonderful housemate, ex 80's party prop
Shoes: Local second hand store
Hood: gift (i think it is shakuhachi)
Belt: buy-by-the-kilo thrift store
Old binoculars bag: thrifted

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all sounds dizzyingly romantic

Related Posts with Thumbnails