Tuesday, October 13, 2009

God! Show Me Magic

You see that chick on the far left in the below photograph? The one who, by some incredible coincidence, was standing just one row in front of me at a Jamie T gig we went to a few weeks ago? SHE'S WEARING A BOW ON HER HEAD THAT I HAND-SEWED AND SOLD AT OUR SEPTEMBER MARKET. Awesome? Only a little bit... GOTCHA! Seriously? It's probably the most awesome thing to ever happen to anyone.


It has to be said however, that she took my floral bow off half way through the gig to place upon her head a sailor's hat. Which she, later that evening, removed to replace with a headband. So, you know, it could just be that she was a complete head wear slut and she didn't actually like my bow at all. It could just be that my bow was one of hundreds that day. But, just like getting down and dirty with an ol' weathered prostitute, just because she's a head wear slut doesn't make my five minutes of loving any less awesome.

Does anyone else have photos of leading ladies/grumbling gentlemen in our vintage/retro/handmade wears? Email me at owlandthegrapes at gmail with photos of you, friends and/or strangers rocking shit bought from one of our Vintage & Retro Sale weekends and I might even feature you here, on the blog. I promise I won't call you a slut. And if I do (because I have been known to lie, though the remainder of this sentence is entirely sincere), believe me when I say that I mean it in the most affectionate way possible.

Disclaimer: The aforementioned 'ol' weathered prostitute' is purely a figment of my imagination.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That IS so awesome! I would be just as excited if I saw someone in real life wearing something I made/sold. Even if she was a head wear slut! Hahaha..

Thanks for the comment on my blog! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails